52nd Grammy Award
Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
Sammy Nestico & The SWR Big Band, 2010
Sammy Nestico with
recording engineer Tommy Vicari
On The Sammy Side of the Street
Capitol Records Session, 2011
The Eagles in the Key:
The sacred journey of the 1st People
United Nations, Geneva 1995
Interview with Yukiko Sugihara
Kamakura, Japan 1998
Foreign Ministry Tokyo, Japan
diane estelle Vicari served a three-year term, 2006–2009, as President of the Board of the nonprofit organization International Documentary Association (IDA). Her work continues, as chair and co-founder of the 501(c)3 DOCClub®LA, by promoting the advancement of the genre, supporting the efforts of filmmakers as well as increasing public appreciation and demand. DOCClub®LA connects directly with filmmakers by way of screenings and grant funding. Working with the US Copyright office, Vicari traveled to Washington D.C., to educate members of the 109th Congress House of Representatives and to make recommendations as a filmmaker, to support Bill H.R. 5439 “The Orphan Works Act of 2006.” She co-founded the California Entertainment Organization, C.E.O., a lobbying organization responsible for the passage of CA State Bill AB2871, protecting the rights of artists in providing creative service.
diane estelle is a graduate of UCLA’s Certificate Program in Film and Television. She holds a degree from L’Ecole de Haute Couture de Paris. Born and raised in Montreal, Canada, she is fluent in French. For the last 37 years, she has made her home in Los Angeles, CA.
OTHER PROVEN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 2008 – Current, Co-founder, chair & programmer DOCClub®LA; a 501(c) 3 – connecting a community of film aficionados directly to the films and their makers. Provides financial support to the filmmakers while increasing public appreciation and demand for the genre.
- 2006 – 2009, President International Documentary Association, IDA, 501(c) 3 Responsible for the fiscal viability of the organization and acted as the liaison between the Trustees and the Board of Directors. Directed the implementation of innovative programming while overseeing IDA’s transition to an international web presence, which directly resulted in an increase in membership and funding. Chaired numerous screenings committees, including the annual DocuWeek™ Theatrical Documentary Showcase; exhibition of features and shorts documentaries for Academy Award® consideration. Produced annual fundraising galas and events while successfully establishing an international community support. Mentoring of filmmakers from inception to fundraising, production through marketing.
- 2000 – 2009, IDA Board of Directors Member
- 2000 – current, Participate in international markets, films festivals, as a filmmaker and member of jury panels, promoting the advancement of the non-fiction genre.
Documentary Magazine, monthly 2006–2008
- Endorsed and lobbied on the issues of “Best Practices on Fair Use” and supporting Fair Use expansion in Europe.
- Worked with the US Copyright office in educating members of the 109th Congress House of Representatives and made recommendations as a filmmaker, to support Bill H.R. 5439 “The Orphan Works Act of 2006”.
- 1980-1983 Co-founded the California Entertainment Organization, C.E.O., a lobbying organization responsible for the passage of CA state law, protecting the rights of artists’ services.
- Certificate Program Media Composer Editing, 1997, Moviola Digital, Los Angeles
- Certificate Program in Film, Television and Video, 1994, University of California, Los Angeles
- Training Program in Holocaust Documentation, 1994, Shoah Visual History Foundation
- Certificate Self-Analysis Study, 1989, Society for Evolving the Self-Matrix, Los Angeles
- Certificate Costume Design, 1986, University of California, Los Angeles
- Specialized Fashion Design, 1978, Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, Los Angeles
- Specialized Degree in Haute Couture, 1977, L’Ecole de Haute Couture de Paris
- Associate Degree in Art, 1975, College de Valleyfield, P.Q., Canada
MEMBERSHIP: FILM INDEPENDENT, IDA, EDN
SKILLS: Proficient in Quickbook, EP Budgeting, Fluent in French, U.S.A. Resident/Canadian Citizenship